How to Make a Memory Game with Wallpaper
It's time to get creative! With getting creative, of course we mean that it is time to make your very own memory game from scratch. We wanted to create a game with a delightful Sandberg touch. The cards can be made out of a cardboard box and pieces of leftover wallpaper. We are sure that it will be fun and entertain your family for a while.
You will need
- Wallpaper samples or leftovers, several different pieces
- A pair of scissors
- Glue or double-sided tape
- Cardboard box or hard paper
Step by Step Guide
Step 1. Cut out 12 squares of the same size from the cardboard and 12 squares of wallpaper (2 of each pattern to create identical pairs).
Step 2. Attach wallpaper pieces to the cardboard squares. To make it even more stylish, cover the top of each cardboard square with pieces of your favourite design, to make 12 identical face-down cards. We used our Eden Oat design for this.
How to Play Memory - Rules & Instructions
1. Shuffle the cards and lay them in rows face-down.
2. Turn over any two cards. If the two cards match, keep them. If they don’t match, turn them back over.
3. Remember what was on each card and where it was. Pay attention during the other player’s turn.
4. The game is over when all the cards have been matched. The player with the most matched pairs wins.